Are You Age 17-24 and Looking For Work or Training
Employers need YOU! #Youthemployment #YouthEmpowerment
Whatever’s holding you back, we can help. Your path to work readiness won’t be the same as the young man or woman next to you. Frankly, your journey can be short or long, depending on how hard you want to work. Along the way, we’ll help you find your strengths, interests, hidden talents, and untapped potential! You are an important part of the workforce “supply pipeline” that area businesses rely on to fill their job vacancies.
Yet Employers & Opportunity Youth Rarely Get Connected Because Youth:
• Are unaware that jobs are available
• Lack knowledge around the steps they need to take to pursue and secure these jobs
• Lack access to many informal networks required to secure employment
Work experiences are a critical component of preparing you for a productive life. *And we can help!
Get the education, training and work experience you need. Michigan Works! West Central and its partners provide year-round programs that combine employment and training activities with opportunities for you to grow as a person; learn how to maintain positive relationships, find opportunities to give back to your community and develop leadership qualities that will help you succeed no matter what career path you choose.
Guided by a Career Development Specialist, each youth will develop a unique plan to meet their goals and personal development. Fill out the form below to request more information about our youth program! Or, give us a call or stop by your local service center.
Gain career readiness skills including the “soft skills” that employers look for in entry level workers
- Increase your knowledge and understanding of specific jobs, job skills and workplace settings so you can make more informed decisions about what you want to do with your life
- Establish a work history and connections with employers that can help with future job searches
Work = Opportunities to…
- Earn a credential
- Improve computer skills
- Access post-secondary education
Funding for Michigan Works! youth employment programs is provided by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). *Eligibility requirements may apply